Hey guys! Happy new year 🙂
Yesterday, I was tagged by the lovely Jenn of Stories and Scribblings for the #GirlLove Challenge. I hadn’t heard of it before, but when I watched this video, I understood and I couldn’t agree more. To explain simply, Lilly Singh aka IISuperwomanII started the #GirlLove movement to stop girl-on-girl hate and encourage women to support each other and build each other up instead of bringing each other down. I encourage you to watch the video and participate in any way you can, by sharing the video or simply saying something nice to a girl you know.
Alright, now, for the #GirlLove Challenge! The rules are simple:
- Tell your followers who inspires you, a famous woman who may be dealing with negativity on a daily basis.
- Tell your followers who inspires you in real life, a woman you always interact with.
- Tag five women bloggers who you love. Compliment them and tell them why you love them, and comment under their latest post with the link to your #GirlLove post!
And here are my answers:
- Someone I really admire is Alex G. She is an amazing artist with a great voice and so much talent. She started with YouTube videos and she worked so hard to get where she is at right now. She just released this fall her EP Share Your Story, which is about sharing your story because it can change something for someone somewhere, knowing you’re not alone in whatever hardship you’re going through. Her music is a constant inspiration to me. “Share your story, love. You were never made for hiding.”
You can listen to her single Charlotte from the EP right here.
- Someone who inspires me in real life is a previous boss and a good friend of mine, J. I’d literally follow her anywhere in the world, that’s how awesome she is. She believed in me more than anyone before, pushed me to grow so much in the past year, I’ll forever be grateful to her for that. She works hard, she gives all of herself in her different projects and she can do anything if she sets her mind to it. Sometimes she forgets it, but she’s a real badass!
- As for the 5 bloggers I love, it wasn’t an easy choice considering there are so many talented bloggers out there! So I settled for 6, because aren’t rules meant to be bent sometimes?
Katherine, of I Am Begging My Mother Not To Read This Blog : I love how she sees the world and shares it with us. I admire the way she expresses herself, pulling us in at every word. She talks about what she does, sees, feels. She talks about small things and bigger ones too, but always with the same honest and open way.
Caroline Fréchette, of Ice Cream for Zombies : She is a self-published author who’s been posting a lot of useful writing advice and tips. She didn’t have it easy, but she believed in her dreams and never gave up. She always works hard, no matter what life throws her way, and I admire her for that.
LilyAnne Rice, of Lily and Writes : I just love everything she writes. I don’t know how to describe it, it’s just beautiful the way she uses words. More often than not, it feels like a constant flow of thoughts, and each post is just a window to her very creative mind where it is all intertwined.
Abbie Lu, of Cafe Book Bean : She loves books and coffee, and I love to read her reviews/suggestions. There’s a good variety of genre and she even offers a suggestion of a drink to go with the book!
Sara, of Little Pocket Journal : She posts mostly poems, and they are wonderful. I love the images she creates, and her way to capture a story just in a few lines.
Miri Elm, of A Short Conversation : I am just mindblown every time I read something she posts. Her writing is a bit poetic and sometimes dark, but always seems to touch.
So there you go ladies (and gents!) Feel free to participate to the #GirlLove Challenge or just the #GirlLove movement to support women empowerment. Spread the love!