- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
First of all, I would like to thank Prabhat (r_prab) of Dancing with Mosquitoes for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you for the kind words you had for me and for these great questions!
What is your purpose behind blogging?
I started blogging because I had too many ideas in my head and I knew I wouldn’t focus on a project unless I made a commitment, to myself and to others, to post once a week a 1000-word short story. I’m doing it for fun, for practice, and for the sake of it.
What are the things you are most passionate about in life?
I guess I would say people. I love and hate very passionately. I have the deep desire to help the helpless and I love to observe people’s reactions to different situations. I enjoy deciphering behavior and find out what is it that motivates people to do things.
What is that one book and movie you want all your friends to ‘must read’ and ‘must watch’?
Well, there are so many, but if I had to choose one book, it’d be The Fionavar Tapestry trilogy (ok, I’m cheating!), and one movie, We Bought a Zoo with Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson 🙂
A place you would like to visit.
Well, that’s a tough one too. I’d like to go everywhere, if I can. I love travelling and I probably have been to more places most people my age have, but it’s still not enough! If I had only one plane ticket left for life and could only choose one destination, I’d go with Venice during the Carnival. It’s a childhood dream of mine (and from Europe, you can take the train to anywhere, mwahaha!)
From where do you usually gain inspiration for writing?
It can be anything, from words I hear in a conversation, someone I see on the street, music or a picture or a feeling or a smell. To be completely honest, though, most of my ideas come from my dreams. 🙂
How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I’ve been looking for a pen name for a while and I have changed it a couple of times over the years, but it was always unofficial. I like the sound of this one, which I will most likely keep for the rest of my blogging career I hope! So Alixa. The second part, Anonyme, is French for anonymous. I want to remain unknown, so I have shared the link to my blog to a few trusted friends, but my family still have no idea I am writing again.
If you could time travel, which century will you like to go to?
I’m not big on time travelling, though I do believe I was born in the wrong century. Or in the wrong world. I guess I would go back during Renaissance in Italy, just to witness the greatness of artists like Michelangelo.
One silly thing you did which makes you laugh every time you recall it.
I don’t do silly. Really. When I laugh remembering something, it’s because of what someone else did. Sorry!
If you are opening a package labeled “surprise gift for you” what will you want to be inside it?
Not a bomb. I’d be cool with anything else. That’s the point of a surprise gift. Even if it’s chocolates or a piece of paper, someone somewhere thought of me and sent me something. That in itself is amazing.
One thing you want to tell your followers to know about you, which you never told!
Well, the whole point of anonymity is to avoid revealing too much about oneself, but I can tell you this : I’m a dreamer and an optimistic. I firmly believe that if even one person believes in you, you can do absolutely anything. So I’ll be that person for you, if you want me to be 🙂
Which character from a fiction will you like to be like?
Someone badass, like Faith of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Spike, before he got all love struck.
So there you go! I love these kind of questionnaires because it allows me to share a bit more about myself and also to get to know awesome bloggers!
For the third part, I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award :
- Priceless Joy, author of Beautiful Words, thank you so much for hosting the weekly Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers (FFfAW) Challenge 🙂
- Ari, author of The Eternal Scribbler, thank you for posting great writing tips!
- Jayme, author of Jayme the Scribbler and The Highly Capable, an urban fantasy novel.
- swritings, author of Dollops of Heedful Ramblings, a flash fiction master 🙂
- Louise, author of The Storyteller’s Abode, a great photographer and writer!
- Jamie, author of Semperite Scrolls, who is so eloquent, enjoyable reads to be expected!
- Amir, author of World of Horror, though his great tips are not restricted to horror fiction!
- Sonya, author of Only 100 Words, who writes wonderful stories with so little words!
- The Glitter Aficionado, author of Reverie of a Glitter Aficionado, an amazing poet and writer.
- blackcherries, author of cherrytato, who can create a great story out of anything.
- The Voice, author of The Well of Fiction, whose dark humor is always a pleasant read.
And my questions for you are :
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could choose one person, real or fictional, as a crime accomplice, who would it be?
- In your opinion, or experience, what is the perfect first date?
- What food could you live off exclusively?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Of all the alternate universes created, which would you like to live in?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What kind of after-life do you believe in, if you do?
- What is one song that absolutely would be on your life soundtrack?
- What is one of your resolutions for 2016?
Please feel free to not answer if you do not wish to do so, though i hope you do!